The Atlassian toolset has become increasingly popular over the last few years. Companies across the globe are implementing these tools to increase collaboration, visibility, and structure in the workplace. However, these same companies often don’t have the time, resources, or knowledge to train their employees. As a result, DIY training becomes the norm, which leads to broken processes, inconsistent adoption of tools, and decreased ROI on your Atlassian investment.
Rely on our team of Atlassian experts to teach you all about the synergy that will result from using Jira Software and Jira Service Desk together. Too often, IT teams and the other teams in an organization fail to assimilate Jira and JSD, resulting in disjointed operations that ultimately compromise efficiency and affect customers. This class will show you how to leverage Jira configurations for both Support and Project work, improving customer communication without disrupting the different processes used by Support and Project teams. We use the ITSM-based support JSD template in this class, but the concepts discussed will work with any JSD project.
We know you don’t want to sit on Zoom all day, so our live, four-hour training session can be taken all at once, or divided into two 2-hour sessions.
What You’ll Learn
After attending this course, you will be able to:
- Identify the differences between a Jira Service Desk and a Jira Software Project
- Understand how the business processes used to track service requests are very different from how project teams organize and track planned work
- Use Jira Service Desk's built-in automation to track completion of project work related to a customer request
- Use effective strategies to address how support teams' requests are leveraged by project teams (and vice versa)
Who Should Attend
Team leaders that lead both support and product teams to deliver customer value.
We also recommend this class to Jira Governance Team members, especially:
- Jira Administrators
- Business Process Owners
- Directors and VP level staff that work with staff comprised of both support and product teams
- One (1) four-hour live, virtual training course, or two (2) two-hour courses
- 10 attendees maximum
- Training materials are yours to keep after completion of this course
Students should already know how to do the following:
- Login to Jira
- Navigate to Jira Projects
- Use the Jira Service Desk Portal and Help Center as a customer
- Use Search and Issue Linking
- Use Jira Service Desk Queues to organize customer requests
- Use Jira Software Boards to visualize and update issues