Jira Service Desk FAQs
Jira Service Desk is modern service desk software that IT and customer service teams love to use. Built on the Jira platform, Jira Service Desk delivers an effortless service experience, adapts to your support needs, and promises set up time and pricing at a fraction of competitors.
- Cheerful Service. The self-service portal makes it easy to request help, search knowledge bases, and track progress on tickets.
- Simple Setup. Everything your IT team needs: automation, queues, SLAs, approval workflows, reporting and more. All out-of-the-box.
- Jira Software Integration. By linking Jira Service Desk tickets with Jira Software issues, IT and developer teams can collaborate on one platform to fix incidents faster and push changes with confidence.
- Affordable. Starting at $10 per month. That’s less than the price of a fancy cocktail. You won’t even need your boss’s approval.
Of course! Atlassian offers a 7-day free trial for Jira Service Desk Cloud and a 30-day free trial for Jira Service Desk Server, just ask us about it.
Jira Service Desk provides a cost-effective service desk including a knowledge base, self-service, automation, SLAs, and CSAT reporting at 1/5 of the price of ServiceNow and no hidden renewal costs.
Jira Service Desk is the only service desk built on a software development platform that connects IT and dev teams. By linking Jira Service Desk tickets with Jira Software issues, teams can collaborate on the same platform to fix incidents faster and push changes with confidence.
Finally, Jira Service Desk provides streamlined ITIL-certified Incident, Problem, Change, and Service Request Management processes. Create change requests without complex approvals. Use chat rooms for rapid response in real time, and link incidents to problems in one click.
Agents work on tickets and communicate directly with your customers. Agents can:
- Access both the Customer Portal and the Agent interface
- View queues, reports, SLA goals, and the customers list
- Add, edit and delete customer-facing and private comments on issues
- Manage content in a connected knowledge base
A Jira Service Desk customer is anyone who create requests through the customer portal or by email. Customers can:
- Create, comment on, and track requests through the customer portal
- Create and comment on requests via email
- Add comments and attachment to requests
- Add other participants to their own requests
Customers are free and do not require a Jira Service Desk license. Anyone can create a service desk request and you’ll never be limited to how many customers can access your service desk.
You can import data into Jira Service Desk in .csv or JSON formats. Atlassian offers free importer tools for both formats. For the really complex migrations, that’s where Isos can step-in and work through this process with your team.
No, you do not need to have the same number of Jira Software and Jira Service Desk licenses. You can select and pay for what you need with each product.
With the Jira Service Desk Cloud, Atlassian hosts Jira Service Desk in the cloud for you and set up your instance instantly. After a 7-day free trial, subscription pricing is month-to-month. This is generally the best option for teams who want to get started quickly and teams who don’t want to manage the technical complexity of hosting themselves.
With the Jira Service Desk Server, you host Jira Service Desk on your own hardware. This is generally the best option for teams who want additional flexibility in the setup process and want to host the product on their own servers. To host Jira Service Desk, you purchase a license after your 30 day free trial, and can renew that license each year to maintain access to support services and new releases.
The newest features in Jira Service Desk Server include canned responses and collaborator comments. You can read about them here: https://www.atlassian.com/blog/Jira-service-desk/get-time-back-canned-responses-sla-copy-configurations-Jira-service-desk-server
In Jira Service Desk Cloud, check out the embedded portal, extended portal customization and CRM for Jira Cloud app. You can read more about the new Cloud features here: https://www.atlassian.com/blog/Jira-service-desk/delightful-customer-service-whats-new-Jira-service-desk-cloud