You are here:Home/News/Isos Insider – September 2018
Top 5 Takeaways from Atlassian Summit 2018
Earlier this month, Isos was lucky enough to attend Atlassian Summit 2018 in Barcelona, Spain! In addition to practicing our conversational Spanish and eating tapas every day, we attended several amazing sessions and keynotes, where we gleaned the following important information…
1. Atlassian + OpsGenie Live Together in Perfect Harmony – Atlassian announced at Summit that it purchased OpsGenie, a leader in incident alerting with an impressive collection of customers. Companies like Air Canada and The Washington Post trust OpsGenie to manage their on-call schedules and alert on incidents. This announcement goes hand-in-hand with our next takeaway…
2. Welcome to the World, JiraOps – Atlassian unveiled Jira Ops at Summit, which is a central hub for teams to more efficiently respond, resolve and learn from incidents. Some of Jira Ops’ new features include alerting, team chats, customer communications and documentation. Check out this informative video for more information about Jira Ops!
3. Fear Not, Cloud Customers – Atlassian reiterated their commitment to Cloud customers, in a big way. In fact, Atlassian is trying to move many enterprise customers to Cloud, evidenced by their expansion of the Jira and Confluence Cloud license limit from 2,000 to 5,000 users. To read more about what Atlassian is doing for Cloud customers, click here.
4. Data Center Continues to be a Huge Focus for Atlassian – Many enterprise customers have migrated from Server to Data Center in order to maximize performance. Because of this, Atlassian has dramatically increased Data Center’s stability and performance with project archiving for Jira Software Data Center and Jira Service Desk Data Center. In addition, they’re focusing on perfecting several features that have been requested by Data Center customers. Read all about it here!
5. Announcing Jira Software 8.0 – The newest version of Jira will boast many changes for both the Server and Data Center versions, all of which are aimed at improving performance. Check out this blog article for a more in-depth discussion of these improvements.
Atlassian Product Licensing Price Changes
In case you haven’t heard, Atlassian will implement changes to their product licensing on October 12, 2018. This will impact Server, Cloud and Data Center products. Here’s how it will pan out:
If you’re a current Server customer, this impact will depend on your licensed user tier. For tiers of 500 users or less, licensing costs will increase by 25%. For tiers beyond 500 users, the increase is only 15%.
If you’re using Cloud, you will see a flat 10% increase for tiers beyond 101 users.
Data Center users will not see a price increase. However, Atlassian will remove the upgrade credit for Jira Software at the 500 user tier when transitioning from Server to Data Center.
For more information, please visit the following links:
Please don’t hesitate to contact our licensing team should you have any questions or concerns regarding these changes. Isos Technology can assist you with quoting and renewal strategies–prior to the date of the licensing cost updates–to mitigate the changes.
Put the “I” in Team with Isos!
Looking to bring Atlassian to your team or organization? Whether it’s our Fast Track program to address your highest priority items, our Enterprise Rollout for installation and migration, customized consulting and training, or license purchases and support, we’re here for you every step of the way as you implement and refine your Atlassian toolset. Please contact me and I will tell you all about how our team of experts can start you on the path to Atlassian perfection!
Join Isos for a Breakfast Learning Session! The Coffee’s on Us!
Are you looking for information about how the Atlassian tools can help your teams get more done? If so, we’d like to invite you to an exclusive “Breakfast Learning Session” with Isos Technology!
We’re offering three of these breakfast video chats that will give you and your co-workers a great opportunity to ask questions about the Atlassian tools and how they support Agile methodologies and best practices. We’ll customize our discussion to focus on the areas your team wants to talk about, whether it be Jira Service Desk, Portfolio for Jira, or Agile best practices.
The first three individuals to send an email to our sales team will win a Breakfast Learning Session and a $25 gift card to Starbucks! Don’t miss out on this great opportunity!
Look for Us for These Upcoming AUG’s!
North Virginia AUG September 27th 6:00 PM INOVA 2700 Prosperity Ave, Ste 100 Classroom 8 Fairfax, VA 22031
San Diego AUG October 9th 5:30 PM Dovetree Canyon Software 707 Broadway, Ste 1240 San Diego, CA 92101
App Spotlight of the Month: Smart Attachments for Confluence
Smart Attachments for Сonfluence by StiltSoft is one of our very favorite apps because it allows users to preserve all the project documents, media assets, and other files in the space storage related to a specific project in Confluence. With this app, it is super easy to navigate within the folder structure and keep files organized. Now you can forget about the shared file storages on Dropbox, Box.com or OneDrive! Check it out..we promise you won’t be disappointed!
What You Should Be Reading…
We might be a bit biased, but we really think you should check out our Isos Technology blogs. We cover a variety of topics, from Atlassian to company culture to DevOps…and everything in between! In fact, we’re excited to report that Feedspot.com just included us in their list of Top 10 Jira Software Blogs!
Quote of the Month
“Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.”
Conscious Leadership Series #1: Introduction Read More…