It’s almost that time again…time for Atlassian Summit in the U.S.! Atlassian Summit 2019 will take place in Las Vegas at the Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino. This year–as in years past–Isos Technology is a proud Gold Sponsor of this event. If you’re on the fence about attending Summit 2019, we’ve compiled a list of five reasons why you should join us there in April…
1. Pre-Conference Training & Certification – Atlassian offers an excellent opportunity to get in-depth guidance from Atlassian-authorized instructors prior to Summit 2019. This year, you can level up your skills by taking a variety of training classes or certification and exam prep courses. Whether you’re just starting your Atlassian journey or you’re looking to brush up on your skills, this is a great opportunity. Classes will be offered on April 8th and 9th. Check out Atlassian’s course catalog here.
2. Atlassian Community – Atlassian Community is a fantastic resource for Atlassian users to connect online, exchange information, pose questions, and even form friendships. At Summit 2019, Atlassian will host Industry Groups to connect like-minded customers so they can share knowledge and ideas specific to their own industry. If this sounds like something that would be beneficial to you and your team, be sure to RSVP for your spot during the registration process.
3. Keynote & Welcome Reception– The keynotes at Atlassian Summit are always a great way to hear directly from Atlassian’s founders. On Tuesday, April 9th, Scott Farquaur and Mike Cannon-Brookes will take to the stage to reveal the latest Atlassian product updates, their vision for the future, and their continued strategies for the overall growth and success of the Atlassian ecosystem.
4. Expo – Maybe we’re a bit biased because we’ll be one of the featured partners at the expo, but it’s honestly a great opportunity to see what the Atlassian Partners are doing, and how they’re helping customers achieve their goals for their Atlassian environment.
5. Bash – The biggest Atlassian party of the year, Bash is always a fun time. It’s a great opportunity to kick back and unwind at the end of the conference. Enjoy drinks, food, games, live entertainment and fun conversation in the city that never sleeps. Oh and did we mention drinks? Viva Las Vegas!
Update on Atlassian Products
Atlassian announced some exciting product updates recently, so we thought we’d give you a quick synopsis of all the cool new features in Jira, Jira Service Desk and Bitbucket:
Jira Software Server & Data Center 8.0 – The new version of Atlassian’s software development tool will feature tons of upgrades, including twice-as-fast load times for Agile boards, quicker Jira Query Language (JQL) searches (31% faster on average), clearer email notifications and priority status icons, and shorter re-index duration (up to 71% shorter!).
Jira Service Desk 4.0 – JSD 4.0 will feature faster performance, increased productivity and greater scalability. Some new features of this version include a Lucene upgrade, which will improve indexing, a jQuery upgrade, increased efficiency of everyday tasks–like viewing of queues and project creation, more distinctive and accessible priority icons, and a UI upgrade.
Bitbucket 6.0 – You’ll see performance gains in your Bitbucket Server instance with the release of v6.0. Atlassian has added support for Java 11 and AdoptOpenJDK 11. In Bitbucket Data Center, admins will be able to configure multiple places to store data with Storage Management, instead of a single shared home.
Looking to bring Atlassian to your team or organization? Whether it’s our Fast Track program to address your highest priority items, our Enterprise Rollout for installation and migration, customized consulting and training, or license purchases and support, we’re here for you every step of the way as you implement and refine your Atlassian toolset. Please contact me and I will tell you all about how our team of experts can start you on the path to Atlassian perfection!
Register Now for Our “Managing Jira at Scale” Webinar
On March 27th at 10:00 AM MST, Isos will host a webinar that will cover a very hot topic right now: Scalability. In particular, we’ll delve into Atlassian’s popular software tool, Jira, and how to successfully manage its scalability while your organization grows. Administrators must use a careful and deliberate approach with large-scale Jira implementations in order to guarantee success. We’ll uncover what’s needed for a painless and efficient Jira implementation, as well as business considerations and governance when using Jira at scale.
The first 20 people to register will win a $10 Starbucks gift card! So…
Denver AUG March 13th 6:00 PM Galvanize – Golden Triangle 1062 Delaware Street Denver, CO 80204
Phoenix AUG March 14th 5:00 PM GoDaddy – Scottsdale 14455 N Hayden Road, Set 100 Scottsdale, AZ 85260
Palm Beach County, FL March 21st 5:15 PM DSS North Palm Beach Conference Room 102 701 US Highway One North Palm Beach, FL 33408
St. Louis AUG March 25th 6:00 PM Webster University East Academic Building 539 Garden Avenue Webster Groves, MO 63119
Monthly App Spotlight: Jira Workflow Toolbox
This month, we’d like to feature an awesome app called Jira Workflow Toolbox. This app was created by Decadis AG to help users turn ideas into workflows by using conditions, validators and custom fields. You can insert dependencies on linked issues, subtasks and JQL queries, create issues on transition, and do more with issue links. Plus, you can display any calculated value depending on other fields in current or linked issues, sub-tasks, epics, and more. With Jira Workflow Toolbox, you can also create configurable currency, duration and text read-only custom fields.
Jira Workflow Toolbox is available for Jira Server and Jira Data Center. Read more about this app on the Atlassian Marketplace!
What You Should Be Reading…
Here at Isos, we’re big fans of the Zapier blog. They continue to pump out relevant, timely and helpful ideas on a daily basis. One of their latest blogs, “Reach Any Goal This Year with a Spreadsheet, a Calendar and the SMART System,” demonstrates how you can stick to your goals and achieve them in record time by using a combination of technology and the SMART goal criteria (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic, and Time-Bound). Check it out…it could change your life!