You are here:Home/News/Isos Insider – December 2018
5 Tips for a Very Atlassian Holiday Season…
We all know that this is an incredibly busy time of the year. The avalanche of holiday tasks, parties, and vacation time can slow down just about any team in any organization. Here are some tips on how to keep the productivity flowing during this incredibly hectic season (hint…they all involve Atlassian’s robust toolset):
1. Prioritize and focus on what needs to be done. As you wrap up 2018, take a moment to identify the most important items that need to be addressed. You may need to deviate from your normal cadence…that’s okay! May we suggest a Trello board for a fun and visual way of outlining priorities and establishing tasks? Check out this blog for some ideas on how you can use Trello in both your workplace and your personal life.
2. Create an environment with transparency.Agile development is designed for flexibility and anticipates change, but be sure that team members know what’s ahead by creating a calendar that outlines work commitments, project deadlines, and PTO/vacation time. Consider using Portfolio for Jira to help organize this information.
3. Do something different! At Isos Technology, we have a “Rejubilation Day” every December. It’s a time to do things you wouldn’t normally do, like de-cluttering inboxes, cleaning up code and tickets in Jira, and realigning goals. Have your team make a list in Confluence of the things they want to accomplish, and then use it as a launch pad to get things done!
4. Organize team-building events that bring everyone together. Meeting in-person allows for a deeper connection between team members who work remotely. Also ensure that teams have collaborative tools to help stay connected. For instance, we love using Slack and have created tons of channels, for both work and fun. We have a channel for Netflix aficionados, one for music lovers…and a few for actual work, too!
5. Host a Retrospective.This is an exciting time to look back and review what went well–and what could have been improved upon–in 2018. Did you know that Confluence has a template for retrospectives? Just one of many templates this content collaboration software offers.
Happy Holidays From All of Us at Isos Technology!
We hope that, wherever you are in the world, you have a peaceful, joyous and relaxing holiday season! As we look back at 2018, we feel immense gratitude for our clients who made this our busiest and most successful year yet. We’re also incredibly grateful for our hard-working team. We’d like to share a 60-second video that we recently created for the Phoenix Business Journal‘s 2018 Best Places to Work. We love what we do and it shows!
Please don’t hesitate to reach out if I can assist you with any of your Atlassian initiatives. I hope to hear from you soon!
Stay Safe® with Jira Webinar – Sign Up Now!
On February 9th, Isos will host a live webinar titled “Stay SAFe with Jira.” In this webinar, we’ll discuss our popular case study that details how we helped a large, geo-distributed client launch a SAFe framework with Jira, Atlassian’s powerful software development tool. We’ll discuss the solutions Isos created within Jira that allowed our client to accurately represent core SAFe concepts like Program Increments (PIs), Agile Timed Releases (ARTs) and Weighted Shortest Job First (WSJF). If your team is considering a SAFe implementation, you won’t want to miss it!
Let’s face it…the holiday season can be magical, but it can also be incredibly stressful. Trying to balance work alongside holiday tasks like shopping, wrapping, and cooking can wear you down. This article, called “The Stress You Feel? It’s a ‘Mental Load’ of Invisible Work that Needs Talking About,” addresses all of that silent, time-consuming work you do (i.e. remembering schedules and meetings, keeping up with emails, picking up milk at the store…) and how it ultimately takes its toll. Learn how to handle your mental load at work by delegating, improving collaboration and increasing teamwork.
Isos Technology Included in Phoenix’s “Best Places to Work!”
We’re thrilled to be included on the Phoenix Business Journal’s annual “Best Places to Work” list for the fourth year in a row! Each year, this list is compiled to honor several companies in the Phoenix area for their outstanding efforts at employee engagement and satisfaction.
“This past Christmas, I told my girlfriend for months in advance that all I wanted was an Xbox. That’s it. Beginning and end of list, Xbox. You know what she got me? A homemade frame with a picture of us from our first date together. Which was fine. Because I got her an Xbox.”