Win a Free Pass to Atlassian Summit 2017!
Isos Technology is a proud Gold Sponsor of Atlassian Summit 2017 this year, and we’re pretty pumped about it! Summit is the premier event for all Atlassian customers, whether you’re new to the products or have been using them for quite some time. Bottom line…if you work with the Atlassian toolset, you need to go to Summit.
You might have read in last month’s Isos Insider that we’re giving away one Summit conference pass per month from June through August. Our June winner was Jacki Mallman from Washington University School of Medicine. Congrats, Jacki!
We think that all Atlassian customers should have the opportunity to go to this amazing and informative conference, so sign up now for our July Summit 2017 conference pass giveaway. We’ll reveal the winner in next month’s newsletter. Don’t miss out on this incredible offer!
Add-On Spotlight of the Month: Lucidchart Diagrams for Confluence
Our Top Three JIRA Admin Tips & Tricks
As longtime users of JIRA, Isos knows a thing or two about how to effectively utilize this essential Atlassian product. Behold…our top three helpful tips and tricks that we’ve assembled for JIRA admins who are looking for a little extra guidance:
- Never use anything named Default and never modify anything named Default. Always make a copy of the default workflows, schemes, etc.
- Don’t overcomplicate your workflows. It’s tempting to model every single step, but this often leads to workflows that are hard to use with issues that are rarely kept current. Create workflow states that represent key events or reporting/lifecycle management.
- Use the shortcut hotkey “.” to quickly navigate to any JIRA administration screen. For example, press the period key and start typing “workflows” and you’re presented with all of the administration sections that have to do with workflows.
Did You Know?
- that Isos Technology recently hosted our DevOps Driver’s Ed event in San Diego and it was a huge success? If you or your company is interested in learning more about how to merge your Dev and Ops teams for smooth, efficient and quick results (by utilizing the Atlassian toolset, of course), let us know and we can bring this event to your city.
- that Isos conducted two informative webinars last month–one on ITSM and one on DevOps–that are now available for your viewing pleasure? Click here for the ITSM webinar. And click here for the DevOps webinar.
- that the first alarm clock could only ring at 4:00 AM?
Where We’ll Be This Summer…
July 17-18, 2017
1680 CapitolOne Drive
DevOps Days is an international conference series that covers topics dealing with–you guessed it–DevOps! From testing, security, automation, culture and more, Devops Days focuses on the issues that affect software development and IT infrastructure operations, both separately and concurrently. Isos will be on hand to attend this event…we hope to see you there!
August 17, 2017
Isos will present at this informative and fun event. We’ll talk about JIRA Service Desk and how any organization can get their service desk up and running in no time. Don’t forget to check the Northern Virginia AUG page for updates on event location and more. If you’re in the Northern Virginia/DC area, you should definitely check it out!
Missed Our Latest Blogs? Here’s the Round-up!
Isos regularly blogs on the latest topics in software development, mobile and information technology, as well as business and technology challenges…and occasionally even life, in general. If you’ve missed some of our more recent blogs, don’t worry – we’ve got you covered with highlights below, and there’s plenty more on our website.
- Workflow Automation for the Win by Rodney West
- Communication is the Name, and Productivity is the Game by Lia Wood
- Your Service Desk Should Also be an Introvert by Rodney West
- Agile for the Non-technical by Rodney West
- A Place for Everything and Everything in its Place by Charlie Levenson
- Handy Macros: Add a Bit of Interactivity in Confluence by Vadim Rutkevich
Celebrate Independence Every Day with the Atlassian Toolset
The month of July brings with it one of America’s most widely celebrated and commemorated holidays…The Fourth of July. Or Independence Day as some call it. If you’re in the U.S., we hope you had a memorable holiday complete with great food, excellent company, and plenty of fireworks.
We’d like to expand upon the theme of independence/autonomy in a ploy to bring all things back to Atlassian :-). Atlassian believes that, no matter what your occupation or specialty, both individuals and teams just work better if they’re allowed the autonomy to perform their jobs.
Enter Atlassian products like Portfolio for JIRA, which can provide teams with the autonomy they crave, but withthe necessary visibility for managers to keep an eye on the status of important projects. Read more about the concept of balancing autonomy with visibility in this informative blog article from Atlassian.
I’d love to show you how the Atlassian toolset can benefit your organization…please reach out anytime and I’ll get you started down the path to Atlassian nirvana!